Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WTH Mesa?????


Perhaps it is a little sac-religious to write what I am about to write; considering every Sunday during Sacrament someone prays for precipitation to quench our dry climate.


However.....



This year I finally have a house. A house I can decorate come holiday time. A house that I was so excited to decorate come holiday time that I starting decorating for Halloween 51 days in advance. Scoff if you will. I was stoked and determined for my house to be THE BOMB.



Soooo....




I have no money so I hit the dollar store, Wal-mart, and Target for some simple yet potentially AMAZING decoration supplies. Needless to say a few hours, and a few hot glue gun burns, later my front yard was DECKED. I even took pictures. My sister was born with most of the creative genes so for once I felt pretty proud of my skills. Not thrilled but satisfied.


However....


Mother-freaking-nature had different plans for my endeavour.



I'm in my room when I hear hurricane level thunder out my window. My first thought, "CRAP! MY DECORATIONS!" (my dogs safety came second). I run to the front door and sure enough my Happy Halloween sign is flopping every which way. I unlock the door and then think, "I better get something on other than my current bball shorts and bare feet. I run to my room and all of the sudden I hear one of a mother's worst fears; my daughters SQUEALING in horror at the top of their lungs. Boots and jacket in hand I run down the hall to find the front door has been flung open letting (i kid you not) sheets of freezing rain, wind and HAIL the size of small golf balls to fill my living room! Soaking my beautiful couch, carpet and covering the entry way tile in literally an inch of water; instantly.





This was not the worst part for me. Couches and carpets can dry. To my horror I look to the front yard. All 3 Halloween lanterns on the ground soaked through and through. All fake (albeit a little tacky) spiderwebs in the grass and ruined. Ghoul fabric covered window, gone. My cute little signs sitting in puddles on the ground and thoroughly warped. The only things to survive were the strung lights that were nailed to my post.




I AM BUMMED.




Yes I probably am being a baby. Yes they were mostly dollar store purchases. Yes I can re-create most of the fallen items. This is DEFINITELY not the point.



But what the Heck MESA?!? The one thing I thought I could count on from you is to not pelt my home with TANGERINE sized hail stones; but could you deliver??? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Curse you hurricane CLARISSA!! (copyright Nat-uh-lee)




Okay, FINE, I am now done venting.



ps. I love that blogger has Spellcheck. When I get to venting all grammar and punctuation go out the window.



THE DANG END







see how cute-ish they were??

5 comments:

  1. Wow! you really have a nice blog:) been reading your posts!
    try to visit my blog too:)♥
    much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heck, I would be mad too! I cannot wait to have a house and completely deck if out for holidays. I hope you can get up some new stuff and the stupid weather stays away this time. They look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! That is soooo sad! I too was really excited to have a house to decorate and like you...I am not blessed with creative genes. I'm sure I have a lot less than you...so my house awaits cuteness. It would break my heart to see my sweet decoration job in ruins!

    ps..i'm going to school at MCC. You're at ASU right? Are you so excited to finish?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fritter,

    a. You have creative genes. Don't pretend you don't. (Proof = feather boa/zebra/glittery orange Halloween sign AND bomb.com fall burlap wreath.

    b. I, too am saddened by your loss. Not the way priceline is but for your decorations. just saying...

    c. Mesa has issues. Random hurricanes are one of them.

    ReplyDelete